Invisalign for Teens Delray Beach, FL
At Palm Beach Dentistry, we offer Invisalign® for Teens so that you can straighten your teeth without anyone noticing. If you want to improve your appearance, this is an excellent way to do so. When evaluating Invisalign® vs. Metal Braces, there are several things that you should know.
Metal braces are a reliable solution for straightening your teeth that have been used by people for decades. In fact, your parents may have used them when they were teenagers. While they work well, the technology is similar in that you still need to have a metal bracket placed on each tooth with a wire threaded between them and secured with rubber bands. Some kids like how they can pick out fun rubber band colors to match their mood or a holiday. If that is not your idea of fun, metal braces may not be for you.
Invisalign® Vs. Clear Braces
Invisalign® is different. This is an orthodontics treatment for teens that want to straighten their teeth without standing out. Most people cannot tell that you are wearing anything because the aligners are clear. You can smile brightly without worrying about your appearance. In fact, as the aligners move your teeth into position, your smile will start to look better. You also do not have to wait until the end of your treatment to notice a difference in your appearance. When considering Invisalign® vs. Metal Braces, decide how you want to look during your orthodontics treatment.
Patients throughout the Delray Beach area frequently ask us about clear braces. This is an excellent alternative to traditional metal braces since no one can tell that you are wearing them. When you schedule a consultation, we will examine your teeth and take X-rays in order to determine what the most effective treatment method will be for straightening your teeth. When getting clear braces, your teeth will be moved into the correct position but we also need to look at your jaw. If you have a misaligned jaw, as is common with an overbite, that will need to be corrected as well, or you will not have the perfect smile that you are looking for. At Palm Beach Dentistry, we can create customized treatment plans for the needs of each patient. With this in mind, we will provide you with all of the information you need in order to make an informed decision as to whether or not clear braces are for you. If you live in the Delray Beach area, call (561) 225-2057 to schedule your consultation to ask about Invisalign® for Teens.
Check out what others are saying about our Invisalign® services on Yelp: Invisalign® Delray Beach
Delray Beach Invisalign® for Teens
How is Invisalign® different for adults vs teens
The process for straightening your teeth is fairly similar. When asking how is Invisalign® different for adults vs. teens the answer is simple – it is not. Invisalign® straightens teeth by using a series of clear plastic aligners. They look like a clear retainer and are virtually invisible so that no one will know that you are wearing them. Every two weeks or so, you switch out the aligners with a new one in the series and each time you do, your teeth move that much closer to straight. We help teens throughout the Delray Beach area to improve their smile, and one of the first things we do is ask questions about what you are interested in. This isn't small talk – it is important. If, for example, you play a wind instrument, wearing traditional metal braces may be extremely uncomfortable. With Invisalign®, this is not an issue. The better we understand your needs, the more equipped we are to make the right treatment recommendation.
At Palm Beach Dentistry, we treat teens and adults, using Invisalign® to transform smiles. Perhaps the biggest difference between treating adults and teens is that teenagers may have a lot more going on. While adults are busy with work and family obligations. Teenagers will have school, extracurricular activities and spending time with friends each day. With this in mind, you can take your aligner out when you have to so that it doesn't slow you down. This may delay your treatment time slightly, but it will also make it possible to have fun without worrying about your teeth.
Advantages of Invisalign® compared to traditional braces
As an Invisalign® Dentist in Delray Beach,Florida, we understand that there are many advantages of Invisalign® compared to traditional braces. The experience is 100 percent different. Even though they both straighten your teeth, that is where the similarity ends. When you wear braces, everyone can tell that you are straightening your teeth. With metal braces, it can be difficult to eat, brush your teeth, play sports or play an instrument without feeling uncomfortable. Lots of teens are embarrassed to grab a hamburger for fear that the food will become stuck in braces and make them look funny. This is a legitimate fear but with Invisalign® for teens you do not have to worry about it. You are supposed to take your aligners out when you eat so there is no risk of food becoming stuck and no chance of becoming embarrassed.
We also recommend that patients take out their aligner when playing sports. Teens can then run around the field and have fun without worrying about the aligner coming loose or feeling like you need to play safe in order to protect your teeth. At Palm Beach Dentistry, we also suggest that patients take out their aligner when playing an instrument, singing in the choir or other activities where it could cause discomfort.
The advantages of Invisalign® compared to traditional braces is that you do not have to slow down. You can straighten your teeth and still hang out with your friends, smile boldly in pictures, eat all the foods that you love and never worry about your teeth. When you wear braces, you have to think about your teeth constantly. With Invisalign®, you have the freedom to enjoy life and live it your way – without restriction.
For more information on Invisalign® Teen or to schedule a consultation, call 561-225-2057. Call today so you can have a beautiful smile tomorrow.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Invisalign® Terminology
- Aligner Trays
- With Invisalign® treatment, the patient will receive a series of aligner trays and swap out each one for the next one in the series every two weeks in order to gradually straighten the teeth.
- Blue Compliance Indicator (Invisalign® Teen)
- The blue compliance indicator is a small blue dot on the aligners that will fade from blue to clear in order to indicate if the patient is wearing the aligner for the proper amount of time and where the patient is in the Invisalign® process.
- ClinCheck® Software
- ClinCheck® software allows professionals to map out the straightening process the patient’s teeth will go through with Invisalign® in great detail.
- Gum Line
- The gum line is the line in the mouth where the teeth and gums meet. If a patient struggles with gum recession, then the gum tissue around the teeth may begin to wear away.
- Incisal Ridges
- Incisal ridges are the portion of the crown of the tooth that makes up the incisal portion and can be a direct cause of overbite if they are extended too far.
- iTero Element® Scanner
- An iTero Element® scanner allows professionals to create a 3D image of the patient’s teeth in minutes and predict what it will take to move the teeth into proper alignment.
- Malocclusion is the condition in which the upper and lower teeth do not meet properly when the bite is closed. Conditions of malocclusion can include overbite, underbite, crossbite and open bite; all of which are treatable with Invisalign®.
- An overbite is a type of malocclusion that occurs when the upper teeth jut out over the lower teeth, covering them and causing other issues.
- Polyurethane Resin
- Polyurethane Resin is a USP Class VI medical grade, high molecular weight compound that makes up the Invisalign® aligners.
- SmartForce Attachments
- SmartForce attachments are small attachments that professionals place on the patient’s teeth before placing aligners to help move the teeth.
- Smart Track® Material
- Smart Track® material is in Invisalign® aligners to increase comfort, improve control of movement, increases the speed of treatment and applies a gentle force to the teeth over time.
- Smile-Scan analyzes the way a patient smiles by measuring the position of the mouth and eyes before giving a score.
- Vivera® Retainers
- Vivera® retainers are a type of retainer that consists of clear plastic material and helps to maintain orthodontic corrections after a treatment.
Back to top of Invisalign for Teens
Most people prefer discreet clear braces to traditional ones. These teeth-straightening systems are either clear plastic aligners or ceramic braces. Your dentist can tell you more about them during your consultation. If you want to ask your general dentist about clear braces, here are some questions and the answers to them.The material depends on the…
Clear braces, also called ceramic braces, use ceramic, tooth-colored brackets rather than the traditional metal brackets for teeth straightening. They work in the same way as metal braces, utilizing brackets and wires to pull teeth into better alignment. More people are starting to choose clear braces over alternative solutions due to the benefits they provide.Clear…
After having your invisible braces off, you will still need to wear a retainer. Your body and your teeth change for the rest of your life. That is why you should wear your retainer as your dentist recommends. You do not want your teeth to shift back to the original positions. This can affect your…
Instead of wearing traditional metal braces, clear braces could be the right choice to reviving your smile. Options such as Invisalign® can help with concerns such as crooked teeth, bite dysfunctions, and a crowded mouth. Beyond this, getting this treatment can have a positive impact on your wellness. You will be able to see why…